Thursday, January 5, 2012

What’s on your RD’s plate?

I know you’ve all wondered… What does she eat every day?
Well, I try my best to eat the proper things, maintain a good balance and include variety… And here I’d like to highlight some of the foods and meals that I prepare for myself from time to time. I’ll go ahead and tell ya – most of the posts for this series are going to be healthy choices. I’m trying to set a good example, after all! But I am still human… I might toss in a few of my “diet mishaps” here and there, so be forewarned! J
Today, I had eggs for lunch. The type of eggs that I like to call “Kitchen Sink Eggs” (I got that name from my Dad)! Basically, you toss in whatever extra veggies you have in your fridge, along with some eggs, some milk and possibly some cheese. Today’s concoction included:
·         1 egg
·         3 cherry tomatoes
·         About 4 small mushrooms
·         2 red onion slices
·         4-5 asparagus spears
·         1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
·         Ground pepper, to taste
To prepare, you chop up all the veggies and mix them in with your egg and milk. Stir until blended and add your pepper. Now, because today I was at work, I didn’t exactly have time to bust out the skillet and hot plate (those of you who attend our cooking classes know what I’m talking about… wink, wink). So, I prepared my egg-scramble in the microwave! That’s right, all you need to do is stir up an egg in a microwave-safe container, cover it with a paper towel and zap it for 1-2 minutes to have your own little egg McMuffin anytime you want. And that’s what I did – whole wheat English muffin included. Add a dash of hot sauce and I’m set. It was delicious, filling and packed with healthy protein and vegetables!  Check out the pics:

Is your mouth watering? Are you cringing with distaste?
Send me a comment and tell me what you think!

Happy eating,
Chloe RD and GLC

No comments:

Post a Comment